Seattle-Bellevue Metro Area, WA
Our client, one of the top banking companies in Washington state is looking for an individual to manage the underwriting department, underwriting process, and support staff assigned to credit quality of mortgage lending. Our Client is known for their friendly work environment, and cheerful co-workers in a business casual atmosphere. In this role you will be responsible for the daily underwriting processes related to mortgage lending including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, correspondent, and portfolio mortgages as well as responsibility for managing loan approvals up to the delegating underwriting authority and managing credit quality in line with bank guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages the mortgage loan underwriting department through supervision of personnel and coordination with other banking departments.
- Manages work flow expectations in line with production fluctuations and credit quality initiatives.
- Provides ongoing support for production staff including training, questions and answers, and feedback associated with mortgage file reviews.
- Assist in the distribution of new and updated information regarding loan file credit quality.
- Support underwriters with a second review as needed. On files identified by management as requiring additional review, provides the oversight/review of the complex credit file.
- Maintain operational relationships with agencies (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, State Bonds) and other correspondent investors.
- Oversee the quality control process to ensure a consistent, high quality underwriting team.
- Review, assist, and comply with audit findings, compliance reviews, quality control findings, and other internal and external reviews related to underwriting quality.
- Participate in post closing reviews prior to investor purchases in order to identify changes in quality oversight required during the origination process.
- Underwrite loans in loan with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, and other correspondent investor guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of mortgage banking underwriting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in automated underwriting systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Up to date knowledge of industry specific guidelines and procedures including an in depth understanding of loan processing and risk analysis.
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with other banking departments.
- Ability to interpret bank policy and integrate into daily risk management.
- Strong customer service skills required for internal and external customer communications.
- Required underwriting approvals with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, and HUD.
If you value relationships, teamwork, community and professional growth in a safe, friendly and progressive workplace then we want to hear from you! If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Client will not sponsor work visas at this time.